Few experiences can match the excitement of racing cruiser-type sailboats on a brisk day. Skilled sailors pilot their boats within feet of each other, each skipper and crew working as a team to get the maximum performance out of their boats.
For newer sailors, there is no better way to learn the fine art of sailing than to crew for a more experienced skipper in a regatta. And at BLSA, we provide plenty of opportunities to scratch the competitive itch.
BLSA’s fleet holds a full season of regattas from May through early October. Thanks to a handicapping system, many different types of sailboats can compete on even footing. And while the competition can be fierce, our racing fleet is committed to creating a fun and welcoming environment. New sailors have plenty of opportunities to crew or ride along, and new skippers will find plenty of support as they learn how to safely compete with their fellow BLSA members.
BLSA 2020 RACE CALANDER
NEW THIS YEAR:
All regattas are scheduled for the weekend. A final call for which day will be made by Thursday evening based on the wind and weather forecast by the race Director.
Regattas will start at 1:00pm with skippers meeting at 12:00pm. Regattas will consist of 1 to 4 races depending on curse and conditions.
- Spring Tune-up Regatta —May 23rd
- Clean Bottom Regatta — May 30th
- Master/Apprentice Race –June 6th
- Summer Sailstice (not part of racing season)— June 20th
- Dionysus Regatta (Dionysus is the God of Wine)— June 27th
- BRIDGE TO BRIDGE REGATTA —July 11th (This is a potential raft up if allowed due to social distancing restrictions)
- Parrot Head Regatta — July 1st
- Women at Helm— August 1st (potential raft up if allowed)
- Willy T Regatta –August 22nd
- Labor Day Regatta—September 5th
- Pig Regatta – September —12TH
- Dirty Bottom Regatta —September 19th
Visit the Results page and past issues of the Mainsheet to see regatta results and read reports from past race seasons. If you’re interested in racing your sailboat with us, or are interested in crewing for a BLSA skipper, contact our race director for more information.