Few experiences can match the excitement of racing cruiser-type sailboats on a brisk day. Skilled sailors pilot their boats within feet of each other, each skipper and crew working as a team to get the maximum performance out of their boats.
For newer sailors, there is no better way to learn the fine art of sailing than to crew for a more experienced skipper in a regatta. And at BLSA, we provide plenty of opportunities to scratch the competitive itch.
BLSA’s fleet holds a full season of regattas from May through early October. Thanks to a handicapping system, many different types of sailboats can compete on even footing. And while the competition can be fierce, our racing fleet is committed to creating a fun and welcoming environment. New sailors have plenty of opportunities to crew or ride along, and new skippers will find plenty of support as they learn how to safely compete with their fellow BLSA members.
BLSA 2019 RACE CALANDER
NEW THIS YEAR:
All regattas are scheduled for the weekend. A final call for which day will be made by Thursday evening based on the wind and weather forecast by the race Director.
Regattas will start at 1:00pm with skippers meeting at 12:00pm. Regattas will consist of 1 to 4 races depending on curse and conditions.
- SPRING TUNEUP REGATTA -MAY 25TH 26TH or 27th
- CLEAN BOTTON REGATTA -JUNE 1ST or 2ND
- PAROTT HEAD REGATTA -JUNE 8TH or 9TH
- FATHERS DAY REGATTA -JUNE 15TH or 16TH
- BRIDGE TO BRIDGE REGATTA and RAFTUP -JUNE 29TH or 30TH skipper and crews and other club members are encouraged to meet after the race in the no wake zone and raft up for rest of the afternoon for some comradery swimming and fun!
- WILLY T REGATTA -JULY 27TH or 28TH
- BRIDGE TO BRIDGE and RAFTUP -AUG. 3RD or 4TH (SEE NOTE ON BRIGE TO BRIDGE REGATTA)
- BACK TO SCHOOL REGATTA -AUG. 10TH or 11THST
- DIRTY BOTTOM REGATTA -AUG. 17TH or 18TH
- LABOR DAY REGATTA -AUG. 31ST1ST or 2ND
PIG REGATTA SEPTEMBER 14TH AND 15TH
Visit the Results page and past issues of the Mainsheet to see regatta results and read reports from past race seasons. If you’re interested in racing your sailboat with us, or are interested in crewing for a BLSA skipper, contact our race director for more information.